Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My Venture with MLM

I tried Multi-Level Marketing. That was two years ago, but the memory is still very fresh in my mind.

I cannot consider myself successful from that venture, however I have learned some of the most important things in life in the hardest way. Some of these are outlined here.

  1. Multi-Level Marketing (MLM) is not a scam, however people who are doing are the" ones making it a scam. If you wish to join MLM, be sure that the company is authentic, real and does not belong to those so-called "pyramid scams."
  2. People who adhere to the idea that everyone who joins MLM will succeed are doomed. Yes! MLM companies cannot guarantee you success in this venture. Your success is totally dependent on yourself. I repeat, your success is dependent in you.
  3. In joining MLM, you need to learn the skills needed to become successful. You must be the BEST or else no one will join in you.
  4. Those people who are outgoing, people-oriented and have strong personalities are those who have greater chances of success.
  5. People who claimed that MLM needs very little capital are definitely wrong! In joining MLM, you need large amount of money to build your business.
  6. They say that it's a relationship business. Yes it is. But remember, a business founded on relationship is very fragile. Once the relationship is not going well, business will surely fall.
  7. Never pay for the membership of your down lines. This is my greatest mistake.

So why I am writing these? 

I am not bitter or against MLM. But I just want to guide those people who wish to join.

The bottom line is this. When you join MLM, be sure that you understand what it is all about. Don't let other people fool you. Be wise. Life is too short and our resources are limited. Evaluate your capacity. Ask yourself questions like: "Do I love doing this?", "What do I really want?"

You are the captain of your own ship, so don't ever let yourself controlled by people around who just exploit your weakness and lack of knowledge. Study. Learn. Identify your desires and wants in life and above all Trust in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment